Stretch marks are basically small scars located in the middle layer of your skin. They form when rapid weight gain or hormonal changes stretch the skin beyond its ability to repair itself.
- Eat Omega 3 Fatty acids : foods that contain high amount of omega 3 FA are fish, flax seeds, walnuts, soya bean, chia seeds.
- Have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Foods high in vitamins A, C, and E contribute to healthy skin and promote the growth of elastin and collagen.
- Hydrate your skin : Apply moisturizers with cocoa butter, vitamin E, and to promote elasticity. This allows your skin to expand and grow without tearing and forming stretch marks. Moisturizers also help to relieve itching during the pregnancy.
- Avoid steroid applications as much as possible
- Massage your skin to prevent stretch marks : Gentle massage increases blood circulation in the skin and also promotes healthy elastic skin, it pushes the lotions applied deep inside and also breaks any stretch marks formed inside
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sudden weight gain or weight loss.